lindseyerin: (Default)
I undid a lot of my hard work last night.  It was necessary to make it better, but it's stil a little painful.  I basically had to completely remove the lining and a lot of the shell.  I cut down the neckline on one side and tweaked the shape of the point at the bottom front.  I also backstitched all the boning channels closed so they boning wouldn't poke into the fabric like before.  I still need to stitch the lining back down and do the other side, but I might bring it to the the show tonight since I have a lot of down time between some of the costume changes.  

I'm still debating corset or no corset in my head.  The no corset is probably going to win due to time constraints, but if I were to do this again I would probably wear one.  My body just looks more properly squished (for lack of a better word) with one, even though the bodice has a lot of boning in it.  

Last night I was sighing over the fact that all my project take me way longer than I feel like they should, and then I realized that it's mostly because I reach a point where I realize something is not right, or not as good as it could be, and I can't just leave it be.  There was a time when this gown was done, except for hemming.  The sleeves were attached and everything.  But it wasn't good enough so I took off the sleeves and then I started messing with the straps, and that lead to now where the bodice is basically in pieces.  I did the same them on Tudor gown, the Tudor kirtle, and the Elizabethan Boy's Outfit.  My projects aren't slow because I'm a particularly slow sewer, I just tend to learn a lot as I go and instead of applying what I learned to a new project I go back and fix the problems on my current one.  It's a good thing and a bad thing, I suppose.   

April 2017

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16 171819202122
23242526272829
30      

Syndicate

RSS Atom

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Jul. 23rd, 2017 06:41 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios